How to ENJOY dancing outdoors!
It’s the time of year for all of the fabulous outdoor dances in NYC! I always feel extremely fortunate that I live in a city that offers so many opportunities not only to dance but to dance to amazing LIVE music. I do want to encourage you to take advantage of the free dancing but please remember to support other venues and the bands even when they aren’t free: those venues and musicians are hard at work providing a place to dance and the music to dance to. As much as most musicians love their jobs they want to get paid for working the same as you or I!
While taking advantage of our NYC’S FREE summer dances, here’s some tips to keep you dancing longer:
- Even if you are dancing on a dance floor, bring 2 pairs of shoes: dancing in the outdoor heat is bound to make your feet hot, swollen, blistery after some time. I’ve found that switching shoes halfway through the dance greatly improves my comfort!
- Water is great but you may also want to consider bringing Gatorade or any type of beverage to replace the electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals that you’ll be burning through.
- Dress comfortably: We all want to look great but make sure the great outfit you pick will be breathable and comfortable as you dance the night away.
- Bring an extra shirt: It always feels really nice to change into a fresh shirt midway through the dance or at the end before heading out!
- Where to put your stuff: Look around by the stage area or where the dancers are congregated. There is not usually a bag check or a lot of times it sell out so dancers tend to all put there stuff in the same area where it’s pretty safe. Generally it’s an area surrounded by dancers who are taking a break from dancing or right where security is for the stage access.
- Most importantly: STAY HYDRATED! (we mentioned this earlier with the Gatorade but it really is the #1 to make sure you have a great time dancing outdoors!)
If you have a facebook account, please “like” my fanpage. I am posting all of my workshop reviews there as well as trying to post links to other articles and information I want to share with you guys! GO HERE
See you on the dance floor soon,